Thank you for your registering for 'Street 101'
A member of our team will be in contact shortly via email with the workshop details and a pre-workshop questionnaire which will allow the instructors to cater for your needs and tailor the workshop experience to specifically help you reach the next level in your street photography.
Where to meet:
Workshop starting point: 9am, The House Dining, 357 King St, Newtown 2042.
What to bring:
Camera, good walking shoes, Opal travel card, spare memory cards or film, spare batteries, sunscreen, hat, weather appropriate clothing, water bottle, mobile phone.
what to expect:
- 9 am - 10:30 am: introductions and brief presentation on the ethos of street photography, different approaches, technical aspects of camera set-up and zone focusing, practical shooting advice, and what makes a 'good' street photograph.
- 10:30 am - 12:30 pm: photographing in Newtown. Sam and Greg will lead participants on a photo-walk around Newtown in small groups, giving camera and gear assistance, demonstrating technique, and shooting together to help build confidence and speed in shooting street scenes.
- 12:30 - 1:30 pm: Break for lunch at The Town Hall Hotel, Newtown. Sam and Greg invite participants to join them for lunch and an informal debrief about the morning's shoot. Participants are welcome to continue shooting through lunch or dine elsewhere at one of King Street's famous eateries.
- 1:45 pm: Meet again at Newtown station at 1:45 pm to catch the 1:55 pm train to the City.
- 2:15 pm - 5:00 pm: Extended photographing session throughout Sydney CBD and Circular Quay depending on weather and light conditions. Sam and Greg will work with small groups and individually with participants to help them hone their shooting skills and implement the practical and technical elements taught and demonstrated earlier.
- 5:00 pm onward: Post-workshop debrief and drinks at a location TBD.
who to contact:
You can reach instructor Sam Ferris directly via email to email@example.com or text 0402503370
Notice of cancellation must be expressed in writing and given 14 days before workshop begins for the participant to receive a 100% refund. Between 13-7 days before workshop begins, participant will receive a 50% refund. Within 7 days of workshop, a refund unfortunately cannot be issued.